Toy Story 3

Apparently, they're re-releasing Toy Story and Toy Story 2 in the theatres next year... only, they'll be 3D.  This is being done to pave the way for the next Toy Story movie, reintroducing the movies to a new generation of kids... after all, Toy Story 2 came out ten years ago. 

I love it when old movies hit the movie theatre again.  I missed the last time they aired Bladerunner in the indy theatres, and I'm bugged by that to this day.  I mean, I've never seen Toy Story in the theatres (fairly obvious, since I was a teenager when they came out, and in that "too cool" phase) - and I really want to.

I want to go to a Classic Movie screening - all older (10+ years) movies, all that time has declared "Classics".  Imagine being able to spend the weekend in a theatre, watching gems like The Princess Bride, Bladerunner, Jurassic Park, Pulp Fiction, High Fidelity, 2001, Apocalypse Now, and Saving Private Ryan

Movies that you didn't have the sense to see when they came out, but realized afterwards they were classics and needed that silver screen viewing.  I remember, when I was around thirteen or so, I very stupidly chose to watch Homeward Bound 2 instead of The Birdcage.  And that bugs me to this day.

The point of the story is, when the new Toy Story comes out, preceded by the first two, I want to be there, watching them.  I'll probably take my niece and nephew, so that I'm not that creepy guy alone in a theatre surrounded by kids (ew). 

Plus, everyone knows that kid movies are the best to see in the theatre.  Because they have popcorn deals.

With toys.

No comments:

Post a Comment