Cops En Masse

(Quick Edit:  I post-date most of my entries, so that there's an update every day.  This one was supposed to be dated for october 12th... due to an oversight on my part, it wound up being dated for december 10th instead.  I completely forgot about it, and just now realized it was dated for the wrong time.  So, yeah, this is an older one). 

As I speak, there are three police cars, parked outside my apartment building.  No lights, and they're just politely parked like any other car.  But the fact that there are three of them makes me a bit nervous. 

I came home from a light-night walk (yeah, I know this is an early post, but I post-date my entries, in case you don't already know), and as soon as I saw the cops, all I could say was "Aw.... shit."

Flashback to drunks kicking down doors a year or so back.  Or a man beating up his girlfriend in the hallway.  Or some fourth floor shenanigans - you can never trust those 4th floor people. 

I crept into the building, listening against the door to the ground floor.  No noise.  I peek inside.  Nothing.  Stealthily, like some sort of ginger ninja, I creep upstairs.

Listen at the second floor.  And ditto for the third floor - my floor.  Where are the cops at?

I even crept upstairs to the mythical fourth floor, slowly poking my head through the door and taking a look around like some sort of paranoid woodland creature.  Nope.  No cops.

Seriously.  If you're going to descend en masse to an apartment building, shouldn't you at least make the trip entertaining?  Jeez.

No comments:

Post a Comment