Also, I'm stupid

So, part two of my story.  And this one is a bit shorter.  To quote Kittens here, "Shorter is Better".

In writing, at least.

I make my way down to the mall (a different mall than the one I live by, that actually has my credit union).  I get in the line up, fill out my paperwork, and fret about money.  No EI money coming in, and what am I going to do if it's delayed even longer?  I have to make my bill payments... how much money from this cheque am I going to have left?  And so on, and so forth.

I get to the teller, she asks me about my weekend, and I tell her how it was mostly really good, except for the whole EI fiasco, and we start swapping stories about how the government sucks.  I mention how it looks like I'm going to be broke for at least another day... one more day of Kraft Dinner!  I joke.

She looks at me. 

"Um.  Why don't you use your savings account?"

Blank eyes from me.  "I have a savings account."

"Yeah.  You've got a good fifty bucks in there."

Looks like I opened the account a few years ago, put some money in, and promptly forgot all about it. 

Yeah, I'm a genius.

1 comment:

  1. Get your direct quotes down. I don't capitalize words in the middle of my sentences unless they're special. Geez.

    ReplyDelete