Mendoza

So, I have odd dreams.  I had a few weird ones last night, which I'm not going to go into.  Mostly because while it was odd, it wasn't odd in an "interesting" way.  But, it got me thinking, about some of the dreams I've had over the years.  See, my dreams are unusually cinematic, and often, I'm not even involved in them.  They're often almost scenes from a movie - some have even lasted long enough to have a foreword, plot buildup, and a climax. 

There have been zombie movie dreams (one was set in a swamp, and was pretty damn cool).  There have been movies involving giant robots duking it out over Vancouver.  I've had dreams involving, basically, "Muppets vs. Alf".  Or the lovely dream inspired by the movie "Alien" that involved myself and a bunch of fellow students (I was in high school) trying to escape weird critters in the air ducts.  Oh, and then there was that dream involving ninja.

But one of the weirdest dreams I've ever had is basically a short, non-sequitor dream is almost a vignette.  And it was one of those dreams where I was the main character, but the perspective in the dream was external (ie, I was watching myself move about).

The whole dream was filmed like a movie, in a dark, dreary tone with heavy use of shadow.  I was in my house, sitting at the desk.  The rain was pouring down on the roof, and the "camera" panned to show rivulets running down the window.  There was obviously a storm outside.  My face was lit by only a single lamp light.

"Mendoza".  I whispered.  "Mendoza."

In the dream, I got up, increasingly agitated.  Pacing back and forth, holding a scrap of white paper in my hand.  Saying "mendoza" over and over again.

Then I opened the door to the room, and stepped outside.  The camera lifted up, and spiralled a little bit, before looking down upon me.  Face up, in the rain, on my knees.

"Meeeeeennnnndooooozzzzzaaaaaaa!!!!!"

I screamed it up at the heavens, waving my fists in the air.

...and then I woke up.

To all you shrinks out there... have fun figuring that one out.  I'm thinking it just means I watch too many movies. 

1 comment:

  1. ya know, you could've been talking about the spanish colonial ruler...

    ReplyDelete