A completely pointless "Dream" post

The other night, I was tossing and turning in my bed, having a very strange dream.  I dreamt that my Dad and I were trying to catch a Superbowl game - which is odd, since I'm not really a football person.  But I know enough about the sport to realize that it would be highly unlikely for Vancouver to play Detroit in the Superbowl.  In fact, I'd put the odds at about 0% at this point.  And while I'm sure I'll get flayed alive for saying it, I'd say those are also about the odds of seeing that happen in the conference finals for the NHL Playoffs, too. 

Go ahead and hate me.  It's the sharks' year, baby!

Anyways, we catch the first half of the game, and we're in some weird "traditionalist" state like Conneticutt. Of course I had to dream of a state with an impossible to spell name.  During the half time show, my dad and I head to a liquor store to pick up something to drink - it looked like the set of "Cheers", only without the happy drunks.  The vendor asks my dad (A sailor) how the game is going, and my dad says something like "it's fucking close".

Turns out the city has a no-swearing law, and we wind up getting frowned at by everyone, and kicked out of the liquor store.  And we miss the last half of the game (it's okay, though... Vancouver won). 

So, I wake up, the dream still playing in my head, and the first thing I do is turn on my TV to find out if Vancouver actually did win the superbowl.  It took me a little longer than I'd care to admit to realize that, well, it was all a dream. 

No comments:

Post a Comment