Shortened for Clarity...

So, I'm at the pub the other night, watching the hockey game.  An old buddy from high school shows up, who I haven't seen in about eleven years - I think he moved to Ontario when I was in eleventh grade.  We're talking, and I've got my eye on the game in the background.

"Wait.  Which team is that?"

"Um, Vancouver," I say.

"But, what happened to their jersey?"

"Uh, they changed it a few years ago."

"But... it's a hockey stick.  It's so... boring."

A few people look at us.  "Wow, you really aren't a hockey fan, are you?"

He laughs. A few people nearby frown, a bit confused as to what a complete non-sports guy is doing in a place that lives and breathes the canucks.

But then... he points at the screen. "Hey.  There's that Luongo guy you were talking about.  You know, I never even heard of him until you mentioned his name.  He doesn't look like a homo."

More glances.  A few glares.  I shrink into my chair. 

"Um.  You're thinking of a different Luongo."

No comments:

Post a Comment