Holy Crap

So, I read a lot of paramedic blogs.  You could say that, right now, I'm something of a paramedic fanboi.  When I see an ambulance, I slow down and watch, and try to pick up techniques through osmosis.  I don't really know the details of being a paramedic, mind you, but I think I know the basics of the paramedic's life.

So, when I heard a bunch of Paramedics badmouthing the new TV show Trauma, I realized I had to see it.  And today is my chance.  I found it on my channel listings, and clicked to it.

Holy.  Crap.

It's really no different than any other show that seeks to emulate a profession.  ER is an over-the-top "medical" soap opera.  Any show about cops is the same.  So, really, I shouldn't be surprised about a paramedic story.  Every case, of course, is over the top and melodramatic . The characters are all super heroic, twenty-something actor types.  And I just watched a car crash into a streetside market, obviously hitting about three dozen people.

It's just so... funny?  I mean... a guy has a bleeding leg artery... let's apply a tourniquette!  Without, you know, applying a pressure point first.  Whoopsy doodle.   Just a lot of little things like that... .and if an OFA like me is picking up those, I can't imagine the bigger errors that go on.

No comments:

Post a Comment