Cops in the Hallway

Last night, at around 5 am.  there are about four cops in my hallway, banging on people's doors.  I was only half-asleep, so I get out of bed, throw on a shirt and my glasses, and wait for them to start knocking on my door. 

They never do.  Instead, they're talking to all the people on the other side of the hallway.

Turns out a guy called the cops because it sounded like there was a fight in the parking lot.  Followed by a guy in a lot of pain, and the sound of a "bang".  The guy thought there was a gunshot.  Knowing my neighbourhood (I think the guy is new here), that's not an unreasonable assumption.

My guess is some guy lit a firecracker and hurt himself.  And was angry about it.  It is, after all, almost halloween.

But, the cops were in that hallway for a while, taking statements.  So, I didn't get to sleep for a good two hours.  Woot.

No comments:

Post a Comment