He Blinded Me with Science.

Tomorrow morning - in around seven hours, in fact - I have an eye exam.  This basically consists of my opthamologist sticking some weird shit in my eye that makes my pupils dilate and turns me into a light-sensitive vampire.

Moreso than usual, I mean, what with the gingervitis.

Then, he proceeds to stare long into my eyes.  And without the usual payoff that such staring usually allows.  After which, he tells me that my eyes are fine, and tells me to go.

This would all be well and good.  An 8:30 eye exam, and by 8:45 I'm out and on the street.  See, the problem is, when I leave, my eyes are super sensitive.  I'm like a larger chick in the sexy red dress at the fashion show - I'm sensitive, I have a sneaky suspicion everyone's looking at me, and I really want a cheeseburger. 

I just know that I'm going to have one hand shielding my eyes while I stumble around Victoria, the sun burrowing into my skull. 

I'm very tempted to mutter under my breath "the experiment... went.... wrong!" whenever I see a mother with her child.  It could be a very interesting game.

No comments:

Post a Comment