Camping Trip Upcoming...

I get to go camping next week.

Now, I'm a big fan of camping. I enjoy curling up in my tent, hearing the sounds of nature around me, and that wonderful camping smell that seems to permeate the air. I love camping cuisine, hanging out with my friends, and the crazy adventures that always seem to happen once you get a little off the beaten trail.

This weekend, though, I have a suspicion.

See, it's the first time the location, and really, the overall event itself, has been planned by Squee's girlfriend. A woman who, while she camps with us all the time, is someone who I secretly believes hates camping.

We're talking a campground. As in, a place where you're actually supposed to camp. None of the fun "off the beaten trail" happiness. Nope. And I believe the campground has... *shudder*.... "Facilities".

How can one consider pitching a tent in a pre-arranged location with modern amenities camping? It boggles my mind.

I think I'm just more pessimistic than usual. It will be a lovely camping trip. Mosquitos will take a pint out of me, I'll get sunburned to a crisp, and one of us will nearly die from alcohol poisoning - business as usual.

Now if you'll excuse me, this post is severely lacking in "the funny". I have a literary tiger named Kilroy to avoid.

No comments:

Post a Comment