Life is Good

So, I'm buying tickets for Rifflandia for Kittens and I.  Basically, it's a bunch of shows scattered throughout Victoria, at about six different venues - spread out over three days.  Tickets are sixty bucks, which isn't really that bad at all - considering the number of bands, and the number of nights, I say they're pretty cheap.

I'm picking up tickets today, and I have to say I'm excited.

Not so much for the show.  And not so much for the fact that I'll be spending 120$.  I'm not even excited for the walk downtown, even if I took a weird route to the get there.  And I'm usually all for the weird routes.  If I had the time, I'd circumnavigate to cross the road.

No, I'm excited because I get to buy the tickets at Ditch Records.  Which is, I should say, on my top five list of cool places to go to in Victoria.  (Other places -in no particular order - would include the Selkirk Waterway, Curious Comics, Munro's Books, and the Royal B.C. Museum.  I know, I'm a geek). 

Imagine the record store in High Fidelity.  That's Ditch Records... only with better music playing and cashiers that are much more attractive (both the men and women, I should add).  I have a bunch of records hanging on my wall - it's sort of my current decorating motif - and I bought them all at Ditch Records.  My current goal is to find a cheap vinyl of Abbey Road... because one can dream, right?

Seriously.  Used records and CDs, organized alphabetically by genre.  And there are weird/rare albums here.  This is where I got my copy of Brant Bjork and the Operators.  Or two of the Desert Sessions albums.  I've found oldschool Corrosion of Conformity, vinyl Who albums, Pink Floyd's Live at Pompeii, and even, yeah, Kyuss' Welcome to Sky Valley on vinyl.  Yeah.

The place is a treasure chest.  And I avoid it like the plague, because everytime I go in, I feel the need to buy something.  But now... now... I have an excuse to enter, browse, without spending anything beyond what I've already earmarked! 

Life is good, my friends.  Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment