I'm a strange type of tourist

I know I'm strange, but I've always had a fascination for crumbling, abandoned buildings.  Show me a wall that is being reclaimed by mosses and lichens, and I'm giddy.  I love post-apocalyptic literature, and I've always said that my favourite movies are zombie movies... until the zombies show up.
My favourite place in Sooke (where I grew up) is the half-completed lodge in the Sooke Potholes - basically a stone frame of a building that was abandoned when funds ran out.

All that in mind, you can probably understand why I want to visit the abandoned city near Chernobyl.  Apparently, there are even guided tours to the area, and the radiation levels are low enough these days that short-term exposure won't hurt you.

How cool would that be to see?

No comments:

Post a Comment