2 am jogging

I just got back from a run about half an hour ago.  Now, running at 2 am is a mixed blessing. 

On the plus side, there's no one there to see you when you have to stop, wheezing, and fall to your knees like you're about the throw up.  No one's going to laugh at you as you keep saying to yourself, "shit, I need to get into shape, oh my god, oh my god, I think I'm going to die...". 

Yeah.  Last week sucked.  I sounded like an asthmatic vacuum cleaner, I was wheezing so bad.  It's not healthy when you can feel your spine sweat, is it? 

The down side of 2 am running is, there's also no one there to see you when you make it to your goal of running for twenty minutes straight, without stopping, a good two weeks before you figured you'd be able to do that. 

Seriously.  I wanted to give high fives tonight, I was so happy.  I had run for twenty minutes straight, and I felt awesome.  But there was no one there... just lonely old me.  I was doing a dance right out of Rocky, arms in the air.  I even waved at the cabbie that drove by, but he did his best to avoid eye contact.

It was two in the morning, after all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment