Last week, I received a letter in the mail from Employment Canada.  I'll paraphrase what it said, right here:

Hey, Dave.

Your claim has been processed.  The cheque is in the mail.

This isn't a cheque, by the way.

The next day, I got my cheque.  Which makes me wonder about the necessity of the first letter, right? 

I wonder if I could do this as a job.  Maybe for a pizza delivery place.  I'll show up at someone's door, and they'll show up with the money and the perfectly-calculated 14% tip.  They'll look at me, and make one of those scrunched-up confused faces I love so much.

"Where's my pizza?"

"Well, sir.  I'm actually here to tell you that your phone call has been received, and that the pizza is on its way.  So you don't need to worry about that!  Nosireebob."

Here's the other thing that confused me.  The letters were only a day apart.  What if I got the cheque first, and then got a second letter saying the cheque is in the mail? 

I mean, that could be confusing as hell.

No comments:

Post a Comment