Blackouts

Recently, I've been thinking about my youth. And more specifically, my youthful drinking stories. Unfortunately, I have a few. Some of them are very, very long. But don't worry, this one is short.

Put simply, there was a weekend where we went on a bit of a bender.

The first night, I drank so much that I could only remember the first half of the night. Try as I might, I couldn't remember any details about the last half of the night.

The second night, I drank so much that I could only remember the second half of the night. For some reason, the first half of the night was completely blank to me.

I thought this for years, until I was around twenty three and discussing it with a friend who'd been there that weekend. It turns out, we only drank one night, and that the events I remembered all happened on the same day. In other words, I remembered the night in its entirety. Also, I'd only had one drink, and spent much of the night entirely sober.

True story. Wonder what it says about me, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment