Okay, I'm just gonna say it...

It's very simple.  Commercials in which food talks about how fun it is to be eaten. 

You know the ones I'm talking about.  A bunch of cows are talking about how great it will be to cut into pieces and devoured.  Or chickens driving around and pretending they're other chickens or something.  Or dumb little commercials where talking carrots shout "I'm high in Riboflavin!"

Wait.  Are carrots high in Riboflavin?

Wait.  What's Riboflavin?

The point is, I'm sick and tired of these commercials.  Your food does not want to be eaten.  If they had their way, they'd be eating you.  But just because we're on the top of the food chain, keeping our vegetables and proteins down lest they rise up and devour us all, it doesn't mean we need to rub it in their face.  I mean, do we often tell the French how much better we are?  How they are a poor excuse for a country that no one cares about?

No.  And you know why?  Because we're awesome, that's why.

I think it's because we eat so many carrots. 

No comments:

Post a Comment