Death Knights ARE the worst.

My first week at my new job is over, and in some ways, it didn't go that badly.  I didn't have to drink any magical kool-aid, and there were no wal-mart esque cheers necessary.  I didn't make a complete fool of myself in front of my hot boss, and I can't see something like that happening any time in the near future, either.  However, in one very real way, it didn't go well at all.

See, I've found that I actually kind of like the work I'm doing. 

I don't want to be the type of guy that enjoys doing taxes.  Because by admitting you enjoy doing other people's taxes, you're taking that first step on a staircase that inevitably leads to Pocket Protectors, Michael Buble concerts, and picking up the bar skags and not realizing they're bar skags

Seriously, at the office on wednesday, I listened to two grown men discussing World of Warcraft for a good fifteen minutes, in the same conversational tone that you or I would use to discuss mowing the lawn or the daily news.  The conversation went something like this:

"Yeah, I had a bit of a problem killing those cats..."

"Oh, killing those cats is easy... you just have to lure them into a hallway and jump on them!"

"Oh, yeah?  Well, we killed the cats no problem, but then we were attacked by death knights."

"Shit, dude.  Death knights are the worst."

Now, I know that I should be the last one to throw stones, here.  I am a ginger-haired Dungeons and Dragons player who wears glasses and actually has frames from Futurama hanging on my wall.  But I can't help it - I look back fondly upon a not-so-distant past.  A past in which conversations about killing cats would provoke "anonymous tips" to the police.  A past in which death knights were not really a worry.

I wonder what would happen were I to make such an anonymous tip tomorrow.

"Hi, officer?  A guy at work keeps talking about killing cats with his guildmates, and...?"
"Oh, he's killing the cats?  The trick is to lure them into a hallway, and..."

"But he's also talking about being hunted by death knights."

"Death knights?  Shit, son, death knights are the worst." 

No comments:

Post a Comment