Margins

I get stuff at work at margin. Stereos, TVs, ipods, headphones - all at margin.

This doesn't mean much when it comes to the big ticket items - there's very little markup on those items. If I want to buy an Ipod touch, for example, I might get around ten bucks off.

But it does apply to guitars. And even more so to guitar accessories. Things like guitar tuners, strings, mini amps, capos, guitar picks, drum sticks, practice pads, and tab litarature. All at roughly half price.

We have a fender telecaster, normally retailing for around eight hundred and fifty bucks, that I can buy for less than five hundred. I feel like that kid who won that golden ticket and then got to eat all that candy before getting a really bad case of the diabeetus

Plus, there are at least three people who work in this store who think my idea of "acoustic indie rock with heavy use of sound loops and effect pedals and no bass" sounds like it'd be a hell of a lot of fun.
Yyup.  I think I've died and gone to music dork heaven. Because I see angels... they look like Buddy Holly, Jimi Hendrix, and George Harrison. And Sting, even though he's not dead.

Yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment