An addendum

While I was a little shaken by the events of last week, I have to admit, the whole thing has made me feel even more confident that nursing is my future.

I'm not talking about how damned attractive I realized some of the nurses are (this was after my brother was more or less fine, thank you very much).  And I'm not talking about how, even in a highly stressful situation, I kept my cool and handled things.

Nope.  I'm talking about how I apparently have a nurse's sense of humour. 

My brother was out cold - dead to the world.  The nurse came in, holding a chart.

"How's he doing?" she asked.

"Well, he's been better," I dead-panned.  I've always been a fan of black humour. 

Thought the poor girl was gonna choke on her gum, she was stifling laughter so hard. 

No comments:

Post a Comment