Job Applications

I've been doing my damnedest to find work.  Even if it's just temporary work.  Because of this, I've been applying to everywhere, including the absolute shittiest jobs available.  I'm talking places like Wal-Mart, Subway, and Denny's.

These massive corporations don't like talking resumes, mind you - they all require you to fill out applications.  And these applications are ridiculous - you basically transcribe your resume, doing your best to make your writing legible (friends will tell you my writing is anything but).

But some weird questions stand out.  And sometimes, just sometimes, they make me want to run for cover.  For example, this little gem from a Denny's Application:

On a Scale of 1 to 10, with 1 being 'disgusting' and 10 being 'heavenly', how delicious would you rate your internal organs?

Luckily, I was able to throw a mug at the manager's face while I fled the building, running in a zig-zag pattern.

No comments:

Post a Comment