Music Mondays - "Ain't no doubt about it, we were doubly blessed. We were barely seventeen, and we were barely dressed."

It is 12:40 am as I write this, on a sunday night that is technically now a monday morning.  I have to be at work in seven hours.  And I can't get to sleep?

Why, you ask? 

Well, let me tell you.

I've just spent the last two hours listening to old school rock and roll tunes, and getting super pumped up.  We're talking Chuck Berry, Bo Diddley, and Dick Dale and his Del-Tones, here. 

But, those weren't the ones that were really pumping me up.  Nope, that honour is reserved for a song that, until tonight, I had very little respect for.  Even though it's on one of the best-selling albums of all time.

Yes.  I've spent the last hour listening to Meat Loaf's "Paradise by the Dashboard Light". 

It never felt so good, it never felt so right.

I think my "music nerd" license is about to be revoked. 

No comments:

Post a Comment