Batman's Incredible Nose.

I have a nephew, who for the sake of this blog post, I will call "batman", because, like many two year old boys, batman is his hero. 

(My hero, for those that are interested, was Mr. Dressup.   I don't know if that's cute, or an early warning sign.  You be the judge).

A few weeks ago, I was having dinner with the entire family, when my nephew comes up to me.  He's about knee high to a duck, so when he looks up at you, he's looking way up. 

"Hey there, little dude," I say, smiling at him.

He gives me a nervous smile.  Kind of joking around, I put out my fist, for him to "fist bump"

He seems to know how to do this - at two! - and we tap knuckles.  The adults chuckle quietly.

Batman's a little distracted here, and looks around at the people around him.  I decide to keep the chuckles going because Batman is, let's face it, incredibly cute.  So, I put my hand out for a high five.

But Batman's now very distracted.  And his finger is buried up to the knuckle in his nose.  But he quickly tugs it out, and tries to high five the available hand.

He doesn't connect, though.  Because his uncle Dave has jumped about two feet back, hands thrust into pockets. 

Batman goes back to picking his nose.  The chuckles turn into hoots of laughter.

There's a moral here.

But I don't know what it is. 

No comments:

Post a Comment