I'm Psychic:

Thursday, November 5th.  10 am. 

I'm stuck in an EI meeting, in a crowded room where perhaps thirty people are hearing a woman talk about our "rights and responsibilities as EI Collectors".  Mostly, she talks about services available to us, and what she'll do to us if we try to cheat the system.  I'm not going to go into details, here, but it involves a rake, a rubber glove, and a leather strap to bite down on.

As a responsibility, we are told that if we leave our region, even on a weekend, we have to inform our E.I. office.  If they deem we were unable to attend work because of this depature, we suffer deductions from our E.I. amount.  Now, weekends are free to us lowlife collectors, supposedly, but she makes it sound like leaving Victoria is a very dangerous proposition.

The whole time, I'm thinking... "I've got a hockey game soon.  Should I still go to Vancouver?  Are they gonna deduct money from me?" 

I'm running the numbers in my head.  It's during the weekend, and I'll be back the next day.  It shouldn't be a problem.  Is it a problem?  Am I gonna get burned, here? 

A second later, she turns to the group.  "Now, of course this is within reason.  Don't bother reporting to us that you're going to a hockey game in Vancouver on a weekend, and you'll be back the next day.  We don't care about that."

 Apparently, I'm psychic.  I transmitted my thoughts to the lady, and she responded. 

So, here goes:  this friday's lottery numbers are 08, 12, 17, 41, 48, 51.  I'm willing to guarantee those.  And if they don't win, I'll let you give me twenty bucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment