Holy Mackerel!

Okay, so I don't like posting about video games in this blog.  And this post almost carries on with that tradition.  Because what I'm posting only sort of deals with video games, and I think even Kittens, the most anti-video game person that reads this blog, will forgive me for it.

First, check out this link (or not). 

Basically, there's a software company out there that has made a video game controller that requires no hands - it is powered by your thoughts.  I kid you not. 

If you read the article, it explains a bit of the science, and how the reviewer was able to, using only his mind, levitate a box on a screen.  Or move it away.  And when he stopped thinking about it, the box would fall.  Granted, this is a pretty simple sort of gameplay, but think about it.  Someone is having an effect on his environment (even if it is a computer-generated environment) simply through exercising his brain.

This sort of thing, if you'll pardon the expression, blows my mind. 

No comments:

Post a Comment