On the joys of 151.

I'm not much of a lush, but there are definitely times where I enjoy drinking.  As someone who is equal parts Irish, Scottish, German, and Native, I come from a long line of alcoholics.  And so, I have absolutely no problem with the occasional ingestion of alcohol.

Went out with the new special lady friend for her birthday last week, and we were having drinks.  It started with tequila shots - also known as "the super fun way to start a night of drinking".  I progressed to my usual rye and gingers, head already beginning to slightly swim. 

By the time we got to the club, I was in "Let's do shots of 151!"  Lady friend, however, declined.  So I did the shot on my lonesome.

For those that don't know, 151 is rum.  It's 75% alcohol.  It evaporates as you swallow it.  It kind of tastes like liquid fire.  As you swallow it, you feel like throwing up - and I have seen people do just that.  Yes, 151 is a god-awful drink. And it is awesome. Because it is also pure energy.  One shot of 151 is more than enough to get Dave on the dance floor.  Which is, in all likelihood, a crime against humanity.

Later, I shouted "Woot!  Time for another shot!"

I took it.  And sputtered a bit, but I was fine.  Lady Friend had a girl drink known as a "holy water" which looked like the blood of a smurf.

And then, later, Dave shouted "Time for another 151!" 

It went down like water.

Around that point, I knew I had made a horrible mistake.

2 comments:

  1. You're an idiot...and diabetic...making you an even bigger idiot...

    ReplyDelete