pfah. Amateurs

I was reading a few blogs this morning, and they were all doing some stupid quiz/questionairre thing.   Those blog quiz things are, of course, the worst - they're where people who have no reason to be writing a blog post in the first place go when they have absolutely nothing to write about.

And holy crap, were the responses lame.

See, it went like this:  turn on your ipod, turn it on shuffle, and list the first 20 songs that come up.  Easy peesy, right?
Problem is, their lists BLEW!  Good Charlotte?  All American Rejects? GREEN DAY!?  What the FUCK, people?  What happened to good taste!?  I wanted to go on their blogs and slap them silly.  I mean, I suppose it's possible that they had good songs on their ipods, and just the shitty songs came up when it was put on random.

But I'm guessing that all of their songs were shitty.  And the worst thing is - they posted it on their blogs.  Which suggests that they don't realize their music is shitty

The whole thing made me shudder.  And then I realized I had to do an experiment, thus breaking my vow to never subject my blog to those lame-ass quiz games.  The experiment was thus - if I did that game, would my list wind up being really shitty?

Here goes:
  1. Miles, Mother Mother
  2. We Gotta Get Out of this Place, The Animals
  3. Lucky, Radiohead
  4. The Fight, Sia
  5. Yesterday, The Beatles
  6. Hurting me Now, Sia
  7. Golden Slumbers, The Beatles
  8. Jodi, The Dodos
  9. Wind Blows, Yukon Blonde
  10. The Year You Were Born (Live), Hey Rosetta!
  11. Size Queen, Kyuss
  12. Section 19 (When The Fool Becomes the King), The Polyphonic Spree
  13. Lacrimosa, Regina Spektor
  14. The Indie Queens are Waiting, Dan Mangan
  15. Hoodoo, Muse
  16. Surrender, Elvis Presley
  17. How to Embrace a Swamp Creature, The Mountain Goats
  18. The Tourist, Radiohead
  19. Fabulous, Dan Mangan
  20. Brotherhood of Death, Apollo Sunshine
Nope.  Looks to me like a halfway decent list of music. 

No comments:

Post a Comment