And holy crap, were the responses lame.
See, it went like this: turn on your ipod, turn it on shuffle, and list the first 20 songs that come up. Easy peesy, right?
Problem is, their lists BLEW! Good Charlotte? All American Rejects? GREEN DAY!? What the FUCK, people? What happened to good taste!? I wanted to go on their blogs and slap them silly. I mean, I suppose it's possible that they had good songs on their ipods, and just the shitty songs came up when it was put on random.
But I'm guessing that all of their songs were shitty. And the worst thing is - they posted it on their blogs. Which suggests that they don't realize their music is shitty.
The whole thing made me shudder. And then I realized I had to do an experiment, thus breaking my vow to never subject my blog to those lame-ass quiz games. The experiment was thus - if I did that game, would my list wind up being really shitty?
- Miles, Mother Mother
- We Gotta Get Out of this Place, The Animals
- Lucky, Radiohead
- The Fight, Sia
- Yesterday, The Beatles
- Hurting me Now, Sia
- Golden Slumbers, The Beatles
- Jodi, The Dodos
- Wind Blows, Yukon Blonde
- The Year You Were Born (Live), Hey Rosetta!
- Size Queen, Kyuss
- Section 19 (When The Fool Becomes the King), The Polyphonic Spree
- Lacrimosa, Regina Spektor
- The Indie Queens are Waiting, Dan Mangan
- Hoodoo, Muse
- Surrender, Elvis Presley
- How to Embrace a Swamp Creature, The Mountain Goats
- The Tourist, Radiohead
- Fabulous, Dan Mangan
- Brotherhood of Death, Apollo Sunshine