Smoke 'em if you got 'em, I guess.

In my office, pretty much half the staff are smokers.  And the other half are "trying to quit".  It really does seem, at times, that being a non-smoker makes me a minority - we really do seem to be outnumbered.  It's as if my office is a bizarre throwback to the 1960s, only without the horrid fashion, decent music, and good ol' fashioned sexual harassment (to be fair, have you seen her ass?  Meant for me, it is!  Har har) 

Anyways.  There are quite a few smokers who are, shall we say, a little stupid. 

My personal favourite is the woman who believes that doctors are lying (presumably for political reasons) when they say that Second-Hand smoke is harmful.  An actual quote of hers went something like this:  "What are they going to say next?  That vegetables are bad for you?" as if "Second Hand smoke causes cancer" is comparable to "don't eat your vegetables". 

But what really bugs me are the people who should know better.  Such as the health-food nut who will go on for hours about how lactose is bad for you, and the ideal way to exercise and stay in shape.  I was surprised to find out that the health food nut was a smoker.

But not as surprised as the excuse he gave me:  "Oh, it's okay.  I have a cigarette, and then I run it off, so it's not doing me any harm". 

Rrrrrrrrriiiiiiiiiiggggght.

No comments:

Post a Comment