On Drawing:

A few days ago, I was stuck on the phone, talking to far too many stupid customers.  While I was stuck waiting to leave a message on someone's machine for the umpteenth time, I started doodling. 

As usual, it sucked. 

Right then and there, I set a goal for myself.  I will learn how to draw.

For the last week or so, I've been doing a drawing a day, trying to learn the basics of line, shading, perspective, and all that crappy stuff that artists go on and on about.  It's been.... difficult.  Very, very difficult.

But that's neither here nor there.  None of you guys really care about that.  What is kind of interesting, and kind of awesome, is the book I chose to use as my reference place.


That's right.  The last week, I've been using a book full of Led Zeppelin pictures as my starting point when learning how to draw.  I've spent the last week drawing pictures of Robert Plant, Jimmy Page, John Bonham, John Paul Jones, and the rest of the whole wacky bunch. 

I think this is proof that, even when I try to do something that has absolutely nothing to do with music or pop culture... it comes back to music and pop culture. 

No comments:

Post a Comment