Me being an asshole, the science of ghosts, and a firefly quote:

I'm an asshole. I'm also an atheist, and a skeptic.

These three things, when combined, are a very, very bad combination.

Case in point. I'm listening to a woman describe how she is studying to become an investigator for the paranormal. Her goal is to help people exorcize and remove the ghosts that plague homes. Because, apparently, ghosts are more common on the coast (who knew?).

I sighed, and after listening to her go on and on about the "science" of ghosts, offered a solution.

"I know a surefire way to get rid of any ghosts in your house," I said, taking a sip of coffee.

"Oh? How?"

"Weatherproof your fucking house."

She did not find this amusing. But I laughed. To quote a bearded fellow from a certain episode of Firefly: "I cannot abide stupid people."

No comments:

Post a Comment