First Aid Stuff

I had a first aid call last weekend. It was a pretty hectic one, too - an unconscious patient, maintaining of C-Spine, paramedics, oxygen, and everything else. I spent a good twenty minutes cramped in a cashier booth, doing my best to comfort an unconscious woman while she went through multiple seizures.

That's not the interesting part. Or rather, while it was interesting for me, I can't really go into details anyway, and it's not a particularly funny story worth sharing here.

What is interesting, and maybe just a bit funny, was me, immediately afterwards.

Because, while everyone else was worried that my patient (is that the right word?) might not make it through the night, I was riding an adrenaline high, and felt like I could take on the world.

I didn't do a great job hiding the grin. So I hid in the deli cooler, stacking hams until I came down from the high.

Sometimes, I think there's something really wrong with me.

For what it's worth, the woman is okay, and will return to work within a few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment